It was a Friday night last June. My wife Ashley and I were attending her company picnic at an Orioles game in Baltimore. Of course the beer and food was free that night. As usual, the Orioles were terrible but we were having a great time hanging out with friends. After about 3 large draft beers and some barbeque we decided to leave the game and head to a bar across the street with a group of friends. Now we live about 20 miles from Baltimore and I knew by now that I was feeling tipsy enough that I knew I either had to stop drinking at that point or I was not going to be able to drive home. I mentioned to Ashley that we should get a hotel room across from Camden Yards.We got to the bar and ordered some appetizers and I got another large draft beer. At some point someone ordered a round of shots. Now I knew for sure we were not driving home that night.Ironically, one of the friends that was with us that night began telling us about her experience with being arrested for a DUI several months ago. She pulled out a key chain breathalyzer from her purse. We all took a turn testing ourselves with it. I blew a .13 and just laughed and said, "More reason to get a hotel room."More to follow...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:
Post a Comment